is an eco-chic power yoga studio located in the heart of Manhattan Beach and North Berkeley. We have become known for our talented instructor team, impeccable cleanliness and excellent customer service. At The Green Yogi you will find a committed, knowledgeable and caring team, dedicated to serving and guiding you on your path to happiness.
We are a boutique studio specializing in power vinyasa yoga. Because we are small and specialized, we are able to get to know you on a personal level and ensure the highest quality yoga. We are honored to provide a sanctuary in the heart of your community...a place where you can practice yoga in a fun, healing, stress-free environment. We offer a full schedule of high-energy, music-filled power vinyasa yoga classes seven days a week. We welcome you to our yoga family and look forward to taking great care of you!
is a transformational practice that links breath to movement, building strength, flexibility and balance in body and mind. It is different than other forms of yoga in that it is high-energy, music-filled vinyasa flow classes.
While it maintains the central principles of ancient yoga, power yoga goes well beyond the static, traditional postures of yoga.
The Green Yogi seeks to make the practice accessible to men and women of all ages and fitness levels.
Our classes are:
How We Are Different:
- Our classes NEVER expire, not even the introductory offer! Your classes will stay in our system until you use them.
- We have the lowest month unlimited so you can practice as often as you'd like without breaking the bank.
- Customer service is our TOP priority! We take time to get to know you and care about your personal journey.
- Cleanliness is VERY important to us. We spend a LOT of time making sure the studio sparkles!
- Our expert Instructor Team is hand-picked by owner Mary Strong-Sullivan. They are some of the most well-known and respected professionals in their field.
- We specialize in power vinyasa yoga. If you want the best instruction in power vinyasa yoga, we're your studio! All of our classes have music and most are 60-75 minutes. We make sure every class on our schedule is a class we would want to take ourselves.
- We believe in an ultra-light environmental footprint. We were one of the first yoga studios to have paperless check-in and registration and our studio waste is 100% recyclable. Every element of our studio has been selected with the environment in mind.
Our Gift to YOU: 3 classes for $20
To make it easy for new students to join, we offer 3 classes for only $20. That way you can try our instructors and classes at a reduced rate and see why so many people are changing their lives through The Green Yogi.
Lowest Monthly Unlimited: Only $128
We believe yoga should be accessible to everyone. To help people who want to make yoga a regular practice, we offer unlimited classes for only $128. It starts the day you purchase and expires 30 days later. Simple, convenient and no contracts!
A Full Service Yoga Studio:
We offer Yoga Teacher Training, Yoga Workshops, Yoga Retreats, an eco-friendly retail boutique and clean filtered water for all our students. We are known as the destination for many of the most sought after yoga teachers in the state. Please check our workshop listings under our schedule tab for a complete list of workshops, teacher trainings and retreats coming soon.
Power yoga excels at transforming your body. It combines strength, flexibility, balance and cardiovascular benefits. It is a complete workout for your body and mind.
All of us come to yoga from different paths and each needs something different. Our yoga classes give you an opportunity to experience what it is to be accepted, exactly as you are. This is a "you focused" practice offering energy, freedom, rest, challenge, and laughter in every class. Our studio is a safe place without judgments. We are here to empower you to be the best you can be!!
Why are your classes ALL LEVELS?
We don't want to limit you in any way. Offering ALL LEVELS classes gives you the option to attend any class you want, without being limited by a specific "level." Our skilled instructors give modifications throughout the class and encourage you to listen to what your body needs. You decide when to adjust a posture, rest longer or go deeper based on what's right for you in each moment.
Do I need to pre-register for classes online?
No. You do not need to pre-register online. Just decide what class you want to take and arrive 5-10 minutes early to sign in. If it's your first time at the studio, you should arrive at least 10 minutes before class to fill out our registration form.
Are you a hot yoga studio?
Our classes are comfortably warm (82-85 degrees), not hot. We believe that heat needs to be generated from you, not the furnace. So when you sweat, it's an indicator of how hard you're working, not how hot the room is. When you do yoga in a hot room, it gives you an artificial sense of flexibility. This often leads to over-stretching and injuries. We like to let the body heat up naturally, so you are aware of your edge at all times.
What should I bring to class?
You should bring your yoga mat, towel and water. Be prepared to sweat. Wear light, easy-to-move-in clothing. You can bring your water bottle and fill it up at our cooler or we have eco-friendly cups in our reception area.
Do you rent yoga mats?
Yes. We rent yoga mats for $1.
Will my class packages ever expire?
No. Your classes never expire. They will stay in our system until you use them, so you don't have to worry about keeping track of expiration dates.
Where can I find parking?
- Manhattan Beach Location: There is meter parking on Highland Avenue and Rosecrans. There is also a metered parking lot on the corner of Highland and Rosecrans. The meters take credit card and change. There is also free parking in the neighborhood behind the studio, but it fills up fast, so get a spot early.
- North Berkeley Location: There is ample 2-hour neighborhood parking around the studio. And it's free!
Can I still do yoga while I'm traveling?
Yes! You can take your favorite Green Yogi instructors with you! Just download our latest yoga podcast from iTunes directly on your iPod and practice yoga anywhere in the world!
We are committed to serving you on your path to happiness and welcome you to our yoga family!